Thursday, May 04, 2006

Get a Job...

It seems that my continued criticism of Harris Miller the longtime head of the pro-offshore outsourcing and anti-American worker ITAA business lobby has irritated at least one individual. (I'm sure that there are others but that's the nature of politics and free speech.)

I was tremendously amused upon receipt of an email entitled, "Please quit bitching and get a job". Whatever hopes I had that the email would include something more than the usual pro-outsourcing whine quickly disappeared upon reading the following:

If you keep blmaing Miller for your problems you are not going anywhere. Why do we want inexperienced unqualified workers in positions here in this country.

I think that regular readers of my postings here on The Modern Patriot and at other blogs will readily understand that I am indeed "going somewhere". I am attacking Harris Miller's pretensions that he is a real democrat. I am pointing out that Harris Miller is, in fact, very much like the most extreme Republican proponents of offshore outsourcing and worker replacement programs. And, I have provided evidence that Harris Miller has taken positions at odds with the best interests of middle class American white collar workers (union and non-union).

Now, it's true that if I spent more of my time related to paying business projects, I could increase my personal income but this would, of course, reduce the amount of time I spent discussing Harris Miller's involvement with the offshore outsourcing and "insourcing" replacement of American workers. I'm quite pleased with the present arrangement and intend to continue discussing Mr. Miller's past in excruciating detail.

I'm not quite certain what my irate critic meant about "want[ing] unqualified workers in positions here in this country." I would guess that he/she is arguing the Miller lie that American business faces "desperate shortages" of "skilled labor" which can only be alleviated by the entrance of additional (low wage) foreign workers. Even a cursory reading of my postings should indicate that such a position is completely at odds with the view I present of a business sector pre-occupied with labor arbitrage -- American worker replacement programs. I believe that the wider facts support my view.

1 Comments:

Blogger Josh Chernila said...

You're doing great things. You've been immensely successful in making key political decision makers aware of Harris Miller's role as an "Anti-Labor Attack Dog".

I never would have thought to do the research and never would have found out that he started his career busting Caesar Chavez United Farm Workers union.

You're doing more good with your online crusade and effecting the world much more than you could by taking a few extra hours consulting work.

Forget those idiots... YOU'RE DOING A GREAT JOB!

Thu May 04, 02:52:00 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home

This site is best viewed using the Mozilla Firefox web browser available at http://www.mozilla.com
Firefox 2
This site is neither tested with, nor optimized for, any version of Microsoft's Internet Explorer web browser. As Paul Thurrott commented quite some time ago, "IE isn't secure and isn't standards-compliant, which makes it unworkable both for end users and Web content creators." (See, for example, "Internet Explorer Unsafe for 284 Days in 2006" at "Security Fix" on WashingtonPost.com)

Boycott IE